“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and endless plans: That the moment one definitely commits oneself then providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.”
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
We are the pre-health students of Hunter College.
Our goals include:
- To create a place in which Hunter College pre-health students can talk about their experiences and give advice to their peers about what steps need to be taken in order to have a successful career in healthcare.
- To educate the students of Hunter College and beyond on various health and science issues.
- To enrich the lives of pre-health students by talking about the arts and encouraging them to explore their creative sides.
and most importantly…
To have fun along the way!
Join us as we navigate our four years at Hunter College!
Elizabeth Gorodetsky, Editor-In-Chief
Slavena Salve Nissan, Founder
Slavena started Hunter Health in the summer of 2013 because she felt that the best way to get information across to pre-health students was to create a community of people that understood both the joys and frustrations of the pre-health undergraduate experience. She also hopes that this will be a platform for educating all Hunter students about various health and science topics.
Here are 5 interesting things about her:
1. She was born in Baku, Azerbaijan.
2. Her name is of Slavic origin and means glory.
3. Some time in the third grade, she declared that she wanted to be a doctor and has spent most of the last 10+ years figuring out what’s behind that declaration.
4. She has an intense love for libraries and can spend hours enthralled by a good book.
5. She’s an eternal optimist and always chooses to believe in the best in all people.